Vivid Tour – Sydney | 2022
Annual Creative Festival
Travel Date: 03 JUNE – 06 JUNE 2022
Vivid Sydney is an annual creative festival focusing on music, ideas, and light. Each evening throughout Vivid Sydney, the city comes alive with mesmerising light projections displayed on iconic Sydney buildings from the Opera House to the Sydney Harbour Bridge. In 2022 3D light displays will also feature in Barangaroo and Darling Harbour.
- Vivid Dinner Cruise
- Guided walking tour of selected Vivid sites
- High Tea at the Tea Cosy, Sydney Rocks
- Tour to Broken Bay PearlFarm, Mooney Mooney
FRI 03 June | A/T
Day 1 Arrive Sydney airport, on a morning flight (flight own arrangements/additional cost). Airport shuttle transfer to your accommodation, if your room is not ready to check in upon arrival, you will be able to leave your luggage at reception. Early this afternoon we will take the light rail to Circular Quay and walk the short distance to the Rocks precinct.
Enjoy High Tea at the Tea Cosy in Sydney’s historic Rocks area, this afternoon. The remainder of today is at your leisure. You may choose to do some shopping or further sightseeing.
Suggestions for this evening include wandering around the vivid activities featured around the various sires. You may even decide to take an optional tour (additional cost)
Vivid Bridgeclimb experience – witness the dazzling display of light sculptures and grand-scale projections beamed across the city’s world famous landmarks, from high above the installations around Sydney Harbour (If you want a prime time Friday night / weekend spot, suggest booking early as spots fill up fast).
Or perhaps you may decide to take a ferry over to Taronga Park Zoo, where an illuminated trail of giant animal lanterns is yours to discover. Guests will also be greeted by an immersive multimedia lightshow projection-mapped on Taronga’s Heritage-listed archway (must be pre-booked)
SAT 04 June | CBD
Day 2 Continental breakfast provisions supplied for you to enjoy in your room
Charter coach departs accommodation early this morning, to visit NSW’s only pearl farm and discover the Central Coast’s best-kept secret …. Broken Bay Pearl Farm.
Immerse yourself in the story of the Australian pearl, at Broken Bay Shellar Door in Mooney Mooney. Meet the people behind the pearls as they share their expertise with passion as you delve into this unique and Australian industry. Our 2-hour farm tour includes a cruise to the farm and time to browse locally-grown pearl products.
Drive the short distance to the King Tide Café in Brooklyn for lunch (a la carte menu / additional cost). Return to Sydney accommodation this afternoon.
Free time for the remainder of this afternoon, until we take the short walk to Kings Street wharf and check-in for our Vivid dinner cruise. The superior cruise features a three-course set menu dinner served at your reserved table, with premium views of Vivid Sydney light installations. Walk back to accommodation after disembarking at 10 pm.
SUN 05 June| CB
Day 3 Continental breakfast provisions supplied for you to enjoy in your room
Free day to enjoy at your leisure
Optional activity: Cooking class at the Sydney Seafood School including a delicious lunch and return transfers to Sydney Fish Market
Sydney’s premier seafood cooking school, offering fun hands-on cooking experiences. More than a cooking class, the 3-in-1 format ensures you’ll enjoy learning new cooking skills starting with a cooking demonstration before you whip up a delicious seafood meal cooking with friends, and then sit down to enjoy the results. ….whether you’re a kitchen novice or a dinner-party-dynamo, you’ll have fun while learning new recipes and handy cooking tips and techniques.
Free time for the remainder of this afternoon, until we are taken on a personalised guided walking tour of some of the major vivid sites.
MON 06 June | CB
Day 4 Continental breakfast provisions supplied for you to enjoy in your room
Free time to enjoy at your leisure until your airport transfer.
Airport shuttle transfer to the Sydney airport
(flight own arrangements / additional cost)
Three nights in a 1 bedroom apartment at the Meriton Sussex Street (configuration 1 x king spilt bed or 2 x single beds)
Should you wish to extend your stay, additional nights are subject to availability and additional cost.
$995.00 AUD per Adult incl gst In Two Share Room
$1395.00 AUD per Adult incl gst In Single Room
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR OPTIONAL TOUR SSS COOKING CLASS INCLUDING LUNCH
$150.00 – $180.00 AUD per Adult incl gst – cost to be confirmed, must be pre-booked, subject to availability.
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- Meals As indicated Below
- Return Seat in Coach Airport Transfer
- Pearl Farm tour and cruise
- Vivid Dinner cruise
- High Tea, The Tea Cosy
- Guided Walking tour selected Vivid sites
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- PLEASE NOTE – a moderate level of fitness/mobility is required for some of the activities in this tour – ie the guided walking tour of vivid sites, walking to King street wharf for the dinner cruise. Also in some parts of the itinerary, we will be using public transport in the city, as during the vivid event there are special road closures, and it is not possible or practical in some areas to use a charter coach for transfers.
- ANY mobility OR medical restrictions OR special dietary requirements need to be advised at time of booking to ensure that we can cater for your needs.
- 3 x Continental Breakfast
- 1 x High Tea
- 1 Dinner
- Flights are not included in tour price
- Our Standard Tour Terms and Conditions here
- Travel insurance is recommended to be taken out by participants
- All prices quoted are in AUD and per person, twin share
- Single supplement applies
- Tour is subject to minimum participant numbers
- Credit card surcharge applies
- Itinerary is subject to change
- Some of the Vivid tours/products are subject to change and also to suppliers re-opening by June 2022. The tour will also be subject to the Vivid event being able to be held over those dates in June 2022. If the event is deferred, the tour will be deferred to fit in with new event dates.