Murray Princess Cruise | 2022
Paddlewheeler Discovery Cruise
Travel Date: 30 SEPTEMBER – 3 OCTOBER 2022
An introduction to the beautiful historic Murray River between Walker Flat and Murray Bridge. Aboard the paddlewheeler PS Murray Princess, you will cruise through spectacular riverlands and enjoy the great variety of flora and fauna. Take a nature walk, experience the ‘Dragon-Fly’ flat-bottomed boat excursion, and learn about the food and wine of this celebrated region.
- Depart historic Mannum
- Explore the township of Murray Bridge or take a tour of the historic Roundhouse
- Take a guided nature walk at Salt Bush Flat
- Taste Riverland food & wine
- Get up close to the river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ flat-bottomed boat
- Relaxing in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views
- Hanging out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel
- Breakfast each morning
- Delicious a la carte lunches
- Dining each evening with fellow passengers
- Onboard entertainment
FRI 30 September | D
Day 1 Mid-afternoon the PS Murray Princess departs historic Mannum, the birthplace of the Murray River trade and communication, and heads downriver while enjoying a Welcome Dinner. Cruise under floodlight to the overnight mooring at Mundurra, you may see nocturnal wildlife on the riverbank. Watch for kangaroos, hairy-nosed wombats, tortoises, egrets and many other species.
SAT 01 October | BLD
In 1879 the first bridge to span the Murray River was built at Edwards Crossing, which quickly became the bustling township of Murray Bridge. After a hearty breakfast, choose to join a guided tour of the town’s historic landmarks and local attractions or go on a wildlife tour at Monarto Safari Park (additional cost).
Those who choose to experience Monarto Safari Park will arrive back on board the Murray Princess in time for lunch. Afterwards, there will be a special presentation on the bounty of food and wine produced in the Riverland. This afternoon, continue upriver and moor at Salt Bush Flat. After dinner, enjoy being entertained by the talented crew.
SUN 02 October| BLD
Day 3 This morning, join a guided nature walk during which the guide will share the secrets of the local flora and fauna. It’s a great way to get in a little exercise before the PS Murray Princess departs and cruises downriver. Near Fromms Landing, the Murray Princess Cruise heads downriver a discovery vessel awaits for a wildlife tour. Travelling in small, personalised groups, explore the maze of the river and the birdlife is amazing. Watch for darters, herons, and egrets feeding along the river’s muddy edges. The afternoon offers a choice of bocce or fishing challenges before a delicious final night dinner in the Dining Room.
MON 03 October | B
Day 4 Head back to Mannum and after breakfast, disembark at the Mannum Wharf.
*This is a sample itinerary only and is subject to change due to weather, water levels, and other operational requirements. Captain Cook Cruises reserves the right to amend itineraries and tours without notice.
*Images credit | Sealink Travel Group which operates the Murray Princess Cruises.
Outside cabins are located on the upper decks and the majority of these cabins have twin bedding with limited double bedded cabins available. Each outside cabin opens onto the outside deck walkway with picture windows to view the passing scenery.
PRE-NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN ADELAIDE PRIOR TO CRUISE ON THURSDAY 29 SEPTEMBER CAN BE ARRANGED AT AN ADDITIONAL COST – please ask for details
PLEASE NOTE some activities require participants to have a moderate level of mobility/fitness. The cabins reserved for our group on the Murray Princess are not suitable for passengers with walkers or other walking aids, as there are steps into the cabin – there are no cabins available on this cruise departure for passengers with mobility restrictions. Please advise any mobility OR medical restrictions and/or special dietary requirements at the time of booking
$1165.00 AUD per Adult incl gst Twin Share Outside Cabin (2 SGL Beds)
$1515.00 AUD per Adult incl gst Sole Use Outside Cabin (2 SGL Beds)
- Coach transfer Adelaide to Mannum
- Princess Cruise
- Meals Onboard
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- PLEASE NOTE some activities require participants to have a moderate level of mobility/fitness. The cabins reserved for our group on the Murray Princess are not suitable for passengers with walkers or other walking aids, as there are steps into the cabin – there are no cabins available on this cruise departure for passengers with mobility restrictions. Please advise any mobility OR medical restrictions and/or special dietary requirements at the time of booking
- 3 Breakfast
- 2 Lunch
- 3 Dinner
- 29 September Flight into Adelaide Airport
- Post tour on 03 October or flights as required
- Flights are not included in tour price
- Our Standard Tour Terms and Conditions here
- Travel insurance is recommended to be taken out by participants
- All prices quoted are in AUD and per person, twin share
- Single supplement applies
- Tour is subject to minimum participant numbers
- Credit card surcharge applies
- Itinerary is subject to change