Christmas in July |2022
Travel Date : 8 – 9 July 2022
LIMITED SPOTS LEFT
Ho ho ho! ….Have yourself a merry little (early) Christmas in July
Experience a winter wonderland in the southern downs on our celebrated Christmas in July tour – it’s the perfect place to harness the yuletide spirit.
While cold winds blow, you will be treated to the region’s warm hospitality, log fires, Christmas fare (think turkey with all the trimmings, plum pudding and other belt-busting treats)….and perhaps even Santa.
- Devon Pixies Teahouse
- Downs Explorer Heritage train
- Granite Belt Christmas Farm
- Abbey of the Roses Festive Dinner
- Rudds Pub – Home of “Dad and Dave”
FRI 08 JULY | LD
Day 1 Depart early this morning and travel to Logan Village for a “Christmas” themed morning tea at Devon Pixies Teahouse.
Drive on to the Darling Downs town of Nobby. Visit the local craft market and enjoy a light lunch at the famous Rudds Pub, home of Dad and Dave. Dine in the heritage lounge where folklore says that Steele Rudd sat while writing his famous Australian “Dad & Dave” stories. Immerse yourself in the wonderful photographic collection and memorabilia that adorns the walls (and the ceiling).
Next stop is Warwick, where a local guide will join our coach. We will have a short drive around Warwick to look at the historic buildings and sites.
Drop off passengers whom are staying at McNevins Motel Warwick, plus a second drop off at the Abbey Boutique Hotel.
At 5.45 pm the guests who are staying at McNevins Motel will be transferred to the Abbey Boutique Hotel for a Christmas in July Celebration Dinner, comprising of a 3-course dinner “with the trimmings” plus 3 hour beverage package… Christmas attire is encouraged – even if it is just a little bit of red or green, but the more the merrier…..
Guests staying at McNevins Motel Warwick will be returned to their accommodation at the conclusion of dinner.
SAT 09 JULY | BL
Day 2 Continental Breakfast at your accommodation
Early morning transfer to Warwick Train Station. Downs Explorer Heritage train journey departs from Warwick at 8am.
The ‘Downs Explorer’ offers you a range of unique heritage rail experience through some of the most picturesque countryside in Australia. After easing into the uphill sections between Warwick and Silverwood, leave civilisation and wind up past sandstone ruins of Spring and Mineral Creek bridges before a short stop to check the locomotive, before passing through the two tunnels on the line.
After this brief pause, it’s time to enjoy the spectacular views as the train climbs the Silverwood range to Dalveen passing The Summit (3,035ft), the highest QR station. After passing The Summit coast down into Stanthorpe.
Upon arrival at Stanthorpe, we will be met by our coach and drive the short distance to Robert Channon wines. Heralded “King of Verdelho” by wine critics, and with award winning Chardonnays, his wines have even been selected to be served to Queen Elizabeth II. Robert Channon’s wines are grown and made on his Amiens estate, in the cool high-altitude granite belt wine region.
Taste a hand-picked selection of Robert Channon’s most popular wines, before transferring to the Granite Belt Brewery for a two course lunch.
Afterwards we visit the Granite Belt Christmas tree farm, renowned for bringing the ‘Christmas Spirit’ alive all year round. Capture the magic of Christmas in the Mistletoe Store browsing the spectacular range of Christmas decorations, ornaments, and vintage collectibles. Taste, indulge and enjoy Mrs. Claus’ festive hand crafted sweet treats and gourmet products. Find that perfect gift for someone special from the boutique range of scarves, jewellery and homewares.
Late this afternoon travel back home and tour concludes.
Due to various factors, we have selected two accommodation properties in Warwick for participants to choose from.
- The Abbey Boutique Hotel
- McNevins Motel Warwick
- There are no downstairs bedrooms at the Abbey Boutique Hotel, therefore not suitable for those passengers with limited mobility.
- Most rooms at the Abbey are only suitable for Double-share or as a Single.
- Choice of rooms at the Abbey Boutique Hotel is on a first-come-first booked basis.
- McNevins Motel Warwick has motel accommodation available for those passengers who require a ground floor room / or twin share configuration.
* See below for additional pricing.
A base rate for the tour NOT INCLUDING the accommodation costs has been provided and the cost of accommodation needs to be added to the base tour rate, depending on which room type you choose.
BASE RATE FOR TOUR
$445 AUD per Adult incl gst
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR ACCOMMODATION AT McNEVINS MOTEL WARWICK
$95 AUD per Adult incl gst Two Share Room
$165 AUD per Adult incl gst Single Room
*Both Includes continental breakfast served to room
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR ACCOMMODATION AT ABBEY BOUTIQUE HOTEL
The rooms at the Abbey Boutique Hotel differ in features/size and also have different costs – Individual room costs upon application
- Quality Accommodation
- Travel by Luxury Coach
- Meals as Specified
- Heritage Train Ride
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Christmas Outfit
- Low Level of Fitness
- Stairs to Accommodation
- 1 Continental Breakfast
- 2 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Day prior Flight into Coolangatta Airport
- Day 2 – flights from Coolangatta Airport after 8pm
- Flights are not included in tour price
- Our Standard Tour Terms and Conditions here
- Itinerary is subject to change
- All prices quoted are in AUD and per person, twin share
- Single supplement applies
- Tour is subject to minimum participant numbers
- Credit card surcharge applies
- Travel insurance is recommended to be taken out by participants
- Downs Explorer – makes every endeavour to ensure that tours operate as advertised. Unfortunately, this may not always be possible owing to unforeseen circumstances such as total fire bans or mechanical failures. In such events we reserve the right to make whatever changes are necessary, without compensation. However, any changes made will only be after we have exhausted all reasonable efforts to provide the tour as advertised. Where steam is unavailable, we will replace it with the Heritage Diesel Locomotive