Kangaroo Island | 2022
Travel Date : 9 -11 October 2022
A tour to South Australia is not complete without experiencing the magic of Kangaroo Island, one of Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destinations.
Explore rugged coastlines, remarkable wildlife, epicurean delights and authentic shopping experiences.
- KI Ocean Safari Coastal Cruise
- History tour of Cape Willoughby
- Wine tasting at False Cape Winery
- Flinders Chase National Park including Remarkable Rocks & Admirals Arch
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- The Oyster Farm tour and tastings
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
SUN 09 October | boxed breakfast / lunch / dinner
Depart Adelaide early this morning on the scheduled Sealink coach connection transfer to Cape Jervis. Board the ferry for the 45 minute journey from the Mainland to Kangaroo Island.
Depart Penneshaw on our private 22 seater mini-bus and travel the short distance to KI Ocean Safari for a 1-hour scenic cruise along the picturesque Kangaroo Island coastline with the opportunity to see dolphins, seals, eagles, and other birdlife. Witness the pristine waters, stunning coastline, and marine animals that inhabit this thriving environment. The skipper will provide informative commentary throughout the cruise.
After the cruise, travel onto False Cape Winery to enjoy a light lunch and a tasting plank of their award-winning wines. The cellar door is made from recycled wood, jetty timbers, and limestone sourced on the property, in an idyllic setting nestled among the vineyard and gum trees.
Next drive to the Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial Eucalyptus Oil distillery in South Australia, which produces 100% pure Australian Eucalyptus Essential Oil from the Kangaroo Island Narrow Leaf Mallee. Learn about the history of the oil distillery and take a self-guided tour.
From the eucalyptus distillery, travel onto American River and check into our accommodation for one night, in a waterview room at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge. Enjoy a 2-course dinner in the hotel’s Reflection Restaurant.
MON 10 October | breakfast / lunch
Continental plus cooked breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
Today we travel to some of the most iconic sites on Kangaroo Island.
Depart Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge early this morning, with our first stop at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Take the self-guided boardwalk for magnificent views, then walk amongst Australian sea lions on a guided beach walk with a National Park Ranger.
Next stop is at Vivonne Bay Shop for a light lunch.
Travel to the westernmost part of the Island to Flinders Chase National Park. Witness stunning coastlines and walk around Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch.
Travel onto Penneshaw and check into our accommodation for tonight, in a guest room at the Seafront Hotel. The remainder of today is at your leisure.
TUE 11 October | breakfast / lunch
DAY 3 Cooked Breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
This morning we visit the Oyster Farm Shop located at the American River Wharf. The Oyster Farm Shop is the farm-gate outlet for Kangaroo Island Shellfish, the only commercial oyster farm on the island. We will be taken on guided tour of their working oyster farm, showcasing local aquaculture and sustainable seafood. During this land-based tour see their oyster leases, local birdlife including black swans and pelicans, equipment used for deep water (subtidal) and intertidal oyster farming, and learn how oysters are farmed. The tour also includes a shucking demonstration and the opportunity to taste a freshly shucked oyster.
Continue onto Cape Willoughby – home to South Australia’s first lighthouse and rich in maritime history. Although the lighthouse operated to prevent shipwrecks, a number of ships did sink off the coastline. A local guide will take us on a history tour of the facility..
Next head to Dudley’s Clifftop Cellar Door, soak up the spectacular view across Backstairs Passage to mainland Australia, whilst indulging in their ‘Clifftop Dining Experience’ – platters and pizzas to share with a glass of bubbly. Be tempted by the All Season’s wool and natural fibre clothing range, local produce, and KI artworks.
Transfer to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for the 4.30 pm ferry departure, travelling back to the mainland. Upon arrival at Cape Jervis, transfer to Adelaide.
1 nights accommodation in a waterview room at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River.
1 nights accommodation in a ROH room at the Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw
TOUR PACKAGE Pricing – Based on minimum 12 passengers
$1130.00 AUD per Adult incl gst Two Share Room
$1370.00 AUD per Adult incl gst Single Room
- Quality Accommodation
- Travel by private mini-coach on island
- Meals as Specified
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island, by connection coach & ferry
- Admission for attractions as detailed in itinerary
- Coastal cruise / local tours as specified
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Low Level of Fitness
- Some activities require participants to have a moderate level of mobility. Please advise any mobility OR medical restrictions and / or special dietary requirements at time of booking
- 1 Boxed & 2 Cooked Breakfasts
- 3 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Day 1 Coach/Ferry pick up Adelaide 06.20 am
- Day 3 Ferry/ Coach Drop off Adelaide approx. 7.30 pm
- Flights are not included in the tour price
- Our Standard Tour Terms and Conditions here
- All prices quoted are in AUD and per person, twin share
- Single supplement applies
- Tour is subject to minimum participant numbers
- Credit card surcharge applies
- Travel insurance is recommended to be taken out by participants
- Itinerary is subject to change